After your weight loss surgery, you will not lose weight automatically you have a long-term commitment to having a proper post weight loss surgery diet to maintain a healthy- and good-looking physique. Your diet after weight loss surgery will not be about eating less but will be more about eating smart and healthy. You must choose wisely what you eat and how you eat it, this guide is to help through the process.
What to eat after weight loss surgery and how to manage your diet?
- You should eat three meals per day and include a protein supplement to provide you with enough energy.
- You should avoid the habit of snaking. Snacking all the time will not benefit your weight loss and therefore must be avoided. This habit could complicate your diet.
- Always give priority to protein. You should consume at least 60 grams of protein every day. Since you will be eating much lesser food than before, you need to keep in mind that protein will give you the necessary energy to last the day. Eggs, lean meats, fish and beans and good sources of protein.
- It is a good habit to eat in small amounts. To avoid the gain of weight, you should not eat more than one cup of food per meal. This will help you in avoiding the gaining of weight.
- Chew your food well until it has the consistency of paste before sw2allowing it. It is recommended to chew 25 times before you swallow. Since your intestine and stomach is small now, not chewing might result in food particles blocking these areas which may lead to bigger complications.
- Avoid sugar and fat. You need to ensure that your diet does not include sugar and fat, you can follow the 10:10 rule. You should have less than 10 grams of fat and 10 grams of sugar in every serving.
Food you should avoid:
- Tough meat must be avoided as it could lead to blockages.
- Fresh bread is not to be consumed you can eat toast slices instead.
- Vegetables that are stringy must be avoided as it might be hard to digest.
- You need to remove the white membranes and seeds of fruits like oranges and grapefruit.
- Always peel the skin off the fruit and vegetables for example in apples and potatoes
- It is recommended not to eat coconut
By following these guidelines after your weight loss surgery in las vegas you will be able to manage your weight and get to the shape that you desire.